February 29, 2012

Taco Soup

I got this recipe from a neighbor years ago and have been meaning to make it for my family for quite some time. It's great because it is something you can make out of food you can store, so it's not something you need fresh items from the grocery store for.
The original recipe calls for a can of stewed tomatoes (undrained) instead of salsa, but my husband does not like tomatoes, and I don't like them cooked so I made a last minute substitution with the salsa I found in our fridge! An added benefit was the salsa gave it a little spice :)

1 lb ground beef
Taco seasoning
1 can corn
1 can kidney beans
1 can black beans
1 cup salsa
Sour cream
Corn chips
Tortillas
Cheese
  • Brown ground beef and season with taco seasoning according to packaging.
  • Combine corn (undrained) with both cans of beans (rinsed), salsa, and browned beef in a large pot.
  • Heat over medium heat until and let simmer.
  • Serve with sour cream, chips, cheese and tortillas as desired.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

You have been nominated for a blog award! http://www.kellybuyers.com/2012/04/blog-award-what.html

Post a Comment