Rather than the cube of cheese we just spread shredded cheese on the biscuit because that's what we happened to have on hand. It worked great as well. There was too much beef when I was done, so I decided to throw the rest in the freezer to save for another night.
1 lb ground beef
1/2 onion, finely chopped
1/4 cup bacon bits
1/3 cup cream cheese
1 Tbsp ketchup
2 Tbsp BBQ sauce
1 tsp mustard
2 tsp Worcestershire sauce
1 egg white
1 can Pillsbury biscuits
5 oz cheddar cheese, chopped into 10 cubes
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large pan brown your ground beef. Before it is finished, add the onion and bacon. Drain the grease.
- Add cream cheese, ketchup, BBQ sauce, mustard, and Worcestershire sauce. Stir over low heat until cream cheese is melted.
- Let cool, once cooled add the egg white.
- Spread each biscuit out very thin. Fill with beef mixture.
- Place cheese in center of each mound of beef and seal the biscuit around the beef.
- Place seam down on a cookie sheet and cook until golden brown, about 15 minutes.