February 09, 2012

Sage Pork Chops

First, I'm putting this under fast/easy, but note it does take a bit to cook. The prep time is very minimal though, so I thought it fit under this category well enough!

I finally managed to get back in to a cooking mood. It's been a while since we've eaten much at home, so I made myself sit down and make a grocery list. We hadn't had pork chops in a while, and I wanted to make something we'd never had before, so I found this recipe on allrecipes.com. The original was definitely WAY too salty, so I've adjusted the recipe to account for that. I also felt that while good, the chops were a little dry, so I adjusted the time too.

1 tsp salt
2 tsp dried sage
2 tsp ground black pepper
6 pork chops
2 Tbsp butter (we used extra virgin olive oil)
1 cup water
2 cubes beef bouillon
  • Combine the salt, sage, and pepper. Rub on both sides of each pork chop.
  • Melt the butter in a large skillet and brown the pork chops (approx 5 minutes on each side).
  • Meanwhile, in a small sauce pan, bring water and bouillon to a boil.
  • Pour bouillon mixture in with pork chops, cover, and let simmer for approximately 20 minutes on medium or until tender and cooked through.

0 comments:

Post a Comment