June 14, 2013

Strawberry Crepes

In the Child Nutrition and Cooking class I was taking the teacher showed us how to make crepes. I'd never made them before, but I do love them! The kids and I had some free time this morning so we decided to have some fun in the kitchen. We made blue scrambled eggs and pink crepes. What goes best with pink crepes? Strawberries of course :)

You can make the dry mix ahead of time and keep it stored in an air-tight container if you want to have it ready for crepes any time.

1/4 cup sugar
1/3 cup wheat bran (I used whole wheat flour)
3/4 cup flour
3 eggs
1 tsp vanilla
~1 cup milk

  • Beat the three eggs together
  • Add the milk, vanilla, and dry crepe mix (sugar, bran, and flour) and mix well.
  • Add more milk until correct consistance is reached. Batter should be very thin, thinner than pancakes.
  • Pour into a greased pan over medium heat, flip half way through cooking.
  • Place on plate, spread with desired topping, roll up, top with more topping (or syrup) and enjoy! 
I used strawberries to top my crepes, for that I cut a bunch of strawberries into quarters, tossed them with a spoonful of sugar, and let that sit while I was doing the cooking. By the time the crepes were ready there was just a little bit of syrup with some delicious strawberries!


1 comments:

Susannah said...

these look so good!!! I'm going to have to make some. :-)

Post a Comment