October 28, 2012

Parmesan Smashed Potatoes

I prefer red potatoes, so when I saw this recipe in Food Network Magazine I had to try it! I made it with dinner while my parents were over and we all agreed they could pass for restaurant smashed potatoes... that amazing!

My only tip is don't turn away from the half-and-half while you're heating it, even for a second! I turned to check the temperature on our meatloaf and when I turned around it had already boiled over, and it was only on medium heat.

3 lbs red potatoes, unpeeled
1 Tbsp, plus 2 tsp kosher salt
1 & 1/2 cups half-and-half
1/2 cup unsalted butter (1/4 lb)
1/2 cup sour cream
1/2 cup fresh grated parmesan cheese
1/2 tsp fresh ground black pepper
  • Put potatoes and 1 Tbsp salt in 4 qt saucepan with cold water to cover. 
  • Bring to a boil, lower the heat and simmer covered for about 25-35 minutes (until potatoes are tender). Drain.
  • In small saucepan heat half-and-half and butter.
  • Blend potatoes with electric mixer on low to break up.
  • Slowly add hot cream and butter to potatoes, mixing on lowest speed.
  • Fold in sour cream, parmesan cheese, salt, and pepper. Taste for seasoning and serve immediately.

0 comments:

Post a Comment