I didn't follow the recipe exactly, we bought some ingredients but also used what we had around the house. We were also making it for more people so we had to make a lot more than the recipe called for. I would definitely suggest at least doubling the recipe. Also, with the chicken I just cooked up a bunch, cut it up, and covered it in the sauce. After the sandwiches I put the leftovers in the fridge and used it for lunch or snacks. It was great on a salad with ranch or bleu cheese dressing!
Here's how we made the recipe:
8 slices of bread
Butter, as needed
1/4 cup bleu cheese salad dressing
3/4 cup cream cheese
1/2 cup cumbled bleu cheese
1/4 cup shredded cheddar
2 cups cooked chicken, shredded
Frank's hot sauce (your favorite flavor), to taste
- Mix the dressing, cream cheese, bleu cheese, and cheddar in a medium bowl until creamy.
- Spread cheese mixture on one side of each piece of bread.
- Coat the chicken with the hot sauce, to taste.
- Top four pieces of the bread with the chicken. Top with one of the breads with only the cheese mixture.
- In a large pan over medium heat, melt enough butter to coat the pan.
- Place the sandwiches in the pan and toast until golden. Flip and toast the other side until golden as well. The cheese should be melted and gooey.