December 23, 2012

Pecan Nougats

I was complaining to my mom that I really wanted some of Archway's pecan nougats, which unfortunately they no longer make (and haven't for quite some time). A few weeks later, she had this recipe for me. She also mentioned that in the comments on the recipe, someone said they now make cashew nougats! Unfortunately (according to the Archway site) they don't sell them anywhere in Washington, so I'm out of luck. Hopefully my brother can find them in Pennsylvania!

This recipe is great, although it just isn't what I remember Archway's nougats to be. Honestly, it seems very similar to another recipe I posted a while back, Russian Tea Cakes.

1 cup butter
1/2 cup sugar
2 tsp vanilla
2 cups flour
1/2 tsp salt
2 cups finely chopped pecans (or other nut of your choice)
Confectioners' sugar

  • Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
  • Cream butter, sugar, and vanilla until fluffy.
  • Sift flour and salt together, add to creamed mixture and mix thoroughly.
  • Add nuts and mix well.
  • Shape in to 1-inch balls and place on baking sheet.
  • Bake for 20 minutes, do not brown.
  • Let cool, then roll in confectioners' sugar.

0 comments:

Post a Comment