February 10, 2010

Herbed Pork Chops with Rice


This is the second of the pork chop recipes I was talking about in the previous post. I got it off of my Favorite Recipes app on my Android phone ;) I'm a pretty picky eater, so if you notice I tend to change a lot of things in the recipes that I get from someone else. Hopefully including these tips with help appeal to a wider range of people. It definitely makes it easier to cook for people with different tastes in my household.

1/4 tsp salt
1 clove garlic, minced
Oil
1 c sliced mushrooms
1 can cream of mushroom soup
1 tsp dried rosemary, crushed
3/4 cup converted rice
4 pork chops
  • Saute mushrooms in lightly oiled skillet.
  • Combine garlic, salt, and rosemary. Rub in to pork chops and then brown with mushrooms.
  • Stir in soup, 1 can water, and rice. Simmer covered for about 25 minutes (or until no pink remains).
A couple tips for this dish:
  • A lot of the tips from above apply to this dish as well. So take a look at those!
  • I don't like rice, so instead of mixing in one can of water I prepared the soup as the above recipe calls and then dumped it in with the pork chops. I also prefer to use two cans because I really like cream of mushroom.
  • I found that there wasn't enough rub for all of the chops so doubled it (and then some).

0 comments:

Post a Comment