April 30, 2013

Soy-Maple Salmon

First, for some fun and exciting news! A friend of mine has asked me to do a recurring guest post on her blog!! The first Monday of every month I'll be doing a guest post on her blog of one of my favorite recipes. Check her out at Today Was a Fairytale, my first post will be up on Monday, May 6th.

Now for the new recipe. Lately I've been trying to branch out into recipes I wouldn't normally try. We've been falling into a rut lately of the same type of chicken and beef recipes with some fish and pork thrown in every once and a while. I got this recipe from a recent Food Network magazine, and the different part of this recipe for me was the cauliflower side. It's not something I normally would have eaten if I was eating with my eyes, but it was surprisingly good!

2 Tbsp low-sodium soy sauce
2 Tbsp maple syrup
1 Tbsp fresh orange juice
3 cloves garlic, pressed
4 - 5 oz salmon fillets
4 cups cauliflower florets
1/4 cup fat-free low-sodium chicken broth
1 Tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
2 Tbsp dried cranberries
2 Tbsp chopped pistachios or almonds
1 tsp grated orange zest
2 Tbsp chopped fresh parsley
Kosher salt and fresh ground pepper to taste

  • Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
  • Mix the soy sauce, maple syrup, orange juice, 2 garlic cloves, and 2 Tbsp water in Ziploc bag. Add salmon and refrigerate for at least 20 minutes.
  • Meanwhile, put cauliflower and broth in microwave safe bowl, cover loosley with plastic wrap, and microwave for approximately 6 minutes.
  • Season fish with salt and pepper, place on aluminum lined baking sheet, and bake for approximately 15 minutes.
  • Meanwhile, heat olive oil and remaining garlic in large skillet over medium-high.
  • Add cauliflower with broth, cranberries, nuts, orange zest, parsley, 1/4 tsp salt, and pepper. Stir to heat through.
  • Serve fish and cauliflower together and enjoy!

0 comments:

Post a Comment