July 13, 2010

Beef Stroganoff

This is a meal that my mom made for us all the time. I'm not sure where it came from. When we have our cows butchered I always have them cut some stew meat just for this. You can buy stew meat at the grocery store as well. Just be sure the meat is not over cooked because the meat becomes tough very quickly. This is another dish I like to use my electric skillet with.

1 lb cubed beef
1/2 chopped onion
1 can beef broth
1 can condensed cream of mushroom soup
1/2 water
3 cups medium egg noodles
1 cup sour cream
  • Cook the ground beef with onion in large skillet until beef is browned. Spoon off the fat
  • Add the beef broth, cream of mushroom soup, and water. Cover and heat to boiling.
  • Reduce heat to low and add noodles and sour cream. Simmer for ten minutes or until the noodles are tender, stirring often.

0 comments:

Post a Comment