September 09, 2010

Salmon with Beurre Blanc Sauce

I have quite a few dishes piling up (literally and figuratively) so I figured I should probably start posting a few of them! I apologize if I fill your dashboard up with my posts :/

The first dish is another fish dish that my entire family (aside from Isaiah, but he's just picky) likes! Yep, even my dad who hates fish... I've always LOVED the salmon at Anthony's because they put this great beurre blanc sauce on it. I decided to see if I could find a recipe for the sauce and try it out myself. I couldn't find any cedar planks to cook it on or I would definitely have done that as well!

4 fish fillets (we used Salmon and Halibut)
2 Tbsp olive oil
1 cup dry white wine (such as chardonnay)
½ cup white wine vinegar
1 Tbsp finely chopped shallot
1 lb unsalted butter (cold)
Kosher salt (to taste)
  • Heat olive oil in large skillet. Add fish fillets and cook for approximately 10 minutes on each side. While fish is cooking, prepare the sauce.
  • Heat wine, vinegar, and shallots in a saucepan until the liquids boil. Lower the heat a bit and continue to simmer until the liquid is reduced down to about 2 tablespoons. This should take about 10 minutes.
  • When the liquid is almost completely reduced, cut the butter in to ½ inch cubes. Be sure to keep them cold until the mixture has completely reduced.
  • Reduce heat to low and start adding the cubes of butter, one or two at a time. Whisk rapidly with a wire whisk. As the butter melts and incorporates, add more butter and continue to whisk. Once you are to the last couple cubes, remove the sauce from the heat. Whisk in the last few cubes, whisk for a moment or two more.
  • Originally, shallots are supposed to be drained from the sauce, but they're good left in as well. Should be thick and smooth. Pour over fish fillets and serve immediately.

0 comments:

Post a Comment