November 23, 2010

Chicken with Lemon and Herbs

I got this recipe out of the amazing chicken cook book I got from Costco (well worth the purchase!!!) I didn't broil it, I just cooked it in the oven because I wanted it done while I was doing other stuff (so if yours doesn't look the same as the picture, that's why!). I loved how buttery and lemony this dish was... I think the only thing I would change is making the sauce a little thicker.

Note, I couldn't find fresh tarragon in the grocery store, so I didn't use any in my dish and it's not in the picture.

1/4 cup butter
2 spring onions, white part, finely chopped
1 Tbsp chopped fresh tarragon
1 Tbsp chopped fresh fennel
Juice of 1 lemon
4 chicken thighs
Salt and ground black pepper
Lemon slices and herb sprigs, to garnish
  • Preheat grill (broiler) to medium.
  • In a small pan, melt the butter, then add the spring onions, herbs, lemon juice, and salt and pepper. Brush the chicken generously with the herb mixture.
  • Broil the chicken for 10-12 minutes, basting frequently with the herb mixture.
  • Turn over, baste again, then cook for another 10 minutes (until juices run clear).
  • Serve, garnished with lemon and herbs.

0 comments:

Post a Comment