November 12, 2010

Beef Taco Skillet

This was a lot more plain than I thought it was going to be. If I had been thinking ahead, I would have prepared lettuce/spinach, tomatoes, olives, sour cream, chips, etc. to go along with it. It was pretty good and a different little spin on tacos :D

I'm also a firm believer that everything taco related should have taco seasoning on it, so even though the recipe doesn't call for it, I threw a package of seasoning in with the soup, salsa, water, and tortillas.

1 lb ground beef
1 can (10 & 3/4 oz) Campbell's tomato soup
1/2 cup salsa
1/2 water
6 flour tortillas (6") cut in to 1" pieces
1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
  • Cook beef in 10" skillet until well browned, pour off fat.
  • Stir in soup, salsa, water, and tortillas.
  • Heat to a boil, reduce heat to low and cook for five minutes.
  • Stir, top with cheese.

0 comments:

Post a Comment