November 12, 2010

Stuffed Chicken

I got this recipe from my Bon Appetit magazine. The stuffing in this wasn't my favorite, but the rest of it was pretty darn good, so I decided it was worth sharing. I think part of it has to do with the fact that neither Michael nor I really like green olives. My dad, on the other hand, really liked everything about it. Next time I make it I'm simply going to remove the stuffing part of the recipe and make everything else the same (or maybe find a different recipe for the stuffing part).

Because it was raining pretty hard the day I made this, I really didn't want to go outside and do any grilling whatsoever. Instead, after preparing the chicken, dressing, and oranges I put the chicken and oranges in a 9 x 13 pan and poured the dressing over the top. I cooked it at 425 degrees for approximately 40 minutes (for breast).

Chicken/Stuffing
1 cup pitted brine-cured green olives
1 Tbsp olive oil
1 large garlic clove, peeled
1-1/2 tsp chopped fresh rosemary
1/2 tsp finely grated orange peel
6 boneless chicken breast halves (with skin)
  • Blend first five ingredients in mini processor until olives and garlic are chopped. Transfer to small bowl and season to taste with salt and pepper.
  • Using fingertips, gently loosen skin on 1 chicken breast leaving one long side attached. Spread stuffing under the skin and pull skin flap back over to cover. Repeat with remaining chicken.
  • Arrange chicken on large rimmed baking sheet (can be done 1 day ahead, cover and chill).
Dressing and Oranges
6 Tbsp orange juice
2 Tbsp chopped fresh rosemary
4 garlic cloves, pressed
1 Tbsp finely grated orange peel
3/4 cup olive oil
1/2 cup chopped pitted brine-cured green olives
2 large unpeeled oranges, cut in to wedges
  • Combine first four ingredients in medium bowl. Gradually whisk in oil then olives. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
  • Transfer 3/4 cup dressing to small bowl and reserve for serving.
  • Coat grill rack with nonstick spray and prepare on medium-high heat.
  • Divide remaining dressing between two small cups. Drizzle chicken with dressing from 1 cup.
  • Arrange orange wedges on sheet of foil, brush with dressing from second cup.
  • Grill chicken until cooked through, drizzling with dressing from first cup and turning occasionally, about 12-14 minutes.
  • Grill orange wedges until heated through and slightly charred, turning and brushing often with dressing from second cup, about 10 minutes.
  • Transfer chicken and oranges to serving platter, serve with reserved dressing.

0 comments:

Post a Comment