November 28, 2011

Peanut Butter Cookies

If you can't tell, I've been making a lot of cookies lately. This is another recipe I got out of my cookie cook book. The dough is a little softer than what I have worked with in the past, but the cookies were still great! Maybe I'll find another recipe that's more like what I'm used to and post that later :)

A friend requested I put Reese's Pieces in the cookies as well, so I made half the batch with and half the batch without. They were good, but it was just more peanut butter with some crunchy added in. We decided they might be better with M&Ms or something that adds a different flavor. The colors were great for fall though!

1/2 cup butter, softened
1/2 cup peanut butter
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1/2 cup packed brown sugar
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp baking powder
1 egg
1/2 tsp vanilla
1&1/4 cups all-purpose flour
Granulated sugar
  • In large bowl, beat butter and peanut butter until smooth.
  • Add granulated sugar, brown sugar, baking soda, and baking powder. Beat until combined.
  • Beat in egg and vanilla until combined.
  • Beat in flour (hand stir if it gets too thick).
  • Refrigerate for one hour to make easier to handle, if necessary.
  • Shape dough in to 1-inch balls, roll in granulated sugar, and place on ungreased cookie sheet.
  • Using fork, flatten balls by making criss-cross pattern.
  • Bake for 7-9 minutes at 375 degrees. Let cool.

If these look a little different than yours, it's because I didn't roll the cookies in sugar or shape them with a fork.

0 comments:

Post a Comment