November 30, 2011

Whoopie Pies

Since I've been baking a lot of cookies, a friend requested whoopie pies for bowling this week. I'd never made them before so I went through a bunch of recipes and picked the one that looked the best. I think I got the most compliments for these cookies than any other I've ever made (except maybe the pumpkin cookies)! They were really easy too :)

I used parchment paper on my cookie sheets so I'd have less of a mess to clean up when I was done and it worked great.

Cookies
2 cups sugar
3/4 cup shortening
2 eggs (lightly beaten)
2 cups milk
2 tsp vanilla
10 Tbsp cocoa
4 cups flour
2 & 1/2 tsp soda
Pinch of salt

Filling
1 & 1/2 cups shortening
1 & 1/2 cups confectioners' sugar
12 Tbsp marshmallow fluff
2 tsp pure vanilla
  • For the cookies, cream shortening and sugar.
  • Combine eggs, milk, vanilla, and beat in to cream mixture.
  • Sift dry ingredients together and slowly stir in to cream mixture. Beat on medium for about 2 minutes.
  • Drop on to greased and floured cookie sheet, enough dough to make cookies about 2 inches.
  • Bake at 350 degrees for approximately 8-10 minutes.
  • Let cool completely on a wire rack.
  • For the filling, combine fluff, shortening, and vanilla. Beat until well mixed.
  • Slowly add confectioners' sugar until well mixed.
  • Place a generous amount on the flat side of one cookie and top with another cookie.
  • Refrigerate for about 30 minutes before serving and store in airtight container in fridge.

0 comments:

Post a Comment