December 15, 2011

Sugar Cookies with Poured Icing

Sugar cookies are one of my absolute favorite cookies, but I never have the time to make them. I got this recipe from my aunt a few years ago and I think my favorite part is the poured icing. Most icing has too much of an over powering powdered sugar taste to me, but after this one dries it is fantastic!

Cookies
2 cups flour
1/4 tsp salt
3/4 cup softened butter
3/4 cup sugar
1 large egg
1 tsp vanilla
Icing
1 cup sifted confectioners' sugar
2 tsp milk
2 tsp light corn syrup
1/4 tsp vanilla
Desired food coloring
  • Combine flour and salt in medium bowl.
  • In large bowl, cream butter and sugar together until fluffy.
  • Add egg and vanilla and mix well.
  • Add flour to wet mixture.
  • After combined, roll in to a ball and refrigerate approximately one hour (or until firm enough to work with).
  • Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
  • Roll dough out and cut in to desired shapes.
  • Bake for 13-15 minutes, do not brown.
  • Mix sugar and milk together, add corn syrup until you reach desired consistency.
  • Seperate in to bowls and use food coloring to make desired colors.
  • Spoon or pour on to cooled cookies and let dry.

0 comments:

Post a Comment