December 05, 2011

Chocolate Chip Cookies

I'm a firm believer that baked goods should be homemade as often as possible. The only thing I don't (didn't) make myself was chocolate chip cookies because no matter what I did they never seemed to turn out right. They were always flat, the chips dropped to the bottom, or looked funny. The pre-made dough was just always better than I could get here at home.

The other day, I was visiting some friends for the afternoon at Sarah Russel's house and she had some spectacular cookies! I just had to get the recipe. She had gotten the recipe from bakeitandloveit.blogspot.com.

Sarah made these with whole wheat flour, so even though the recipe called for flour, I went ahead and made mine with the wheat as well. Also, when she gave them to us, they were cold. They were surprisingly good chilled!

3 & 1/2 cups flour
1 & 1/4 tsp baking soda
1 & 1/2 tsp baking powder
3/4 tsp salt
1 & 1/4 cups butter
1 & 1/4 cups dark brown sugar
1 cup plus 2 Tbsp sugar
2 eggs
2 tsp vanilla
1 bag Ghiradelli semi sweet chocolate chips
  • Pre heat oven to 350 degrees.
  • Mix dry ingredients and set aside.
  • Cream butter and sugars together until blended.
  • Add eggs, one at a time, mixing well. Add vanilla and mix.
  • Reduce speed and add dry ingredients. Mix until combined. Stir in chocolate chips by hand.
  • Bake for 12-13 minutes, cool on cookie sheet for a couple of minutes then move to rack.

0 comments:

Post a Comment