July 25, 2012

Banana Bars

An old neighbor gave me this recipe. It is an absolutely fantastic recipe. When my husband saw I was making it for the trip, his response was "Yeah, but what is everyone else going to eat?!" Haha :) It is always a favorite wherever we take it!

In my picture you'll notice I made it in a 10 x 14 pan. I did this because my oven isn't big enough to fit the pan called for in the recipe. It works both ways, so make whatever you prefer. The larger pan makes them pretty thin, but also means it makes "more" bars.

Bars
1/2 cup butter, softened
1 & 1/2 cup sugar
2 eggs
1 cup sour cream
1 tsp vanilla
2 cups flour
1 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
2 medium sized ripe bananas

  • Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
  • Mix together the butter and sugar until creamy.
  • Add eggs, sour cream, and vanilla and blend.
  • Add flour, baking soda, and salt and blend.
  • Blend in mashed bananas.
  • Pour in to greased 10 x 15 x 1 pan and bake for 20-25 minutes.
Frosting
8 oz cream cheese, softened
1/2 cup butter
2 tsp vanilla
3 & 1/2 - 4 cups powdered sugar
  • Blend all ingredients together adding powdered sugar until desired consistency is reached.
  • Top cooled cake and refrigerate.


0 comments:

Post a Comment