July 27, 2012

Chocolate Torte

This is a dessert that has always been made for family gatherings or camping. I'm not sure where the recipe originally came from, I just always remember my mom having it. When I was little I used to like to take a piece and mix it all up in my bowl and eat it that way :)

When you go to buy the ingredients, make sure you get instant pudding. I don't know how, but I've managed to get the pudding you have to cook, not once, but twice!

Crust
1 & 1/2 cups flour
3/4 cups butter, softened
1/2 cup chopped walnuts
  • Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
  • Mix all ingredients together and press in to bottom of 9 x 13 pan.
  • Bake for 15 minutes and let cool.
Topping
8 oz cream cheese
1 cup powdered sugar
12 oz cool whip
2 small packages chocolate instant pudding
3 cups milk
1/2 cup chopped walnuts
  • Blend cream cheese, powdered sugar, and 1 cup cool whip. Spread over cooled crust.
  • Mix pudding and milk until soft set. Spread over cream cheese mixture.
  • Cover with remaining cool whip and sprinkle with walnuts.

0 comments:

Post a Comment