July 10, 2012

Sugar Cookies with Royal Icing

I made these cookies for a bachelorette party a couple of weeks ago. You can see the recipe for the cookies and the poured icing here: Sugar Cookies with Poured Icing

Because I wanted them to be a little more decorated, I had to find a good icing for piping. I had never piped icing before so I looked up a few recipes online and kind of made up my own. I wanted an icing with some flavor in it, but I couldn't find any that used meringue powder, which is what I had. So I used this base recipe and replaced some of the water with some vanilla extract.

3 Tbsp meringue powder
4 cups sifted confectioners' sugar
6 Tbsp water (replace some with vanilla, lemon, or other extract for flavoring)

  • Beat all ingredients together on low for 7-10 minutes or until low peaks form.
  • Keep frosting covered with a wet towel as it dries out very quickly!
The pink frosting is the poured frosting and the grey is the royal. I piped the edge grey, poured the pink in, and then did the decorating after the top of the pink had set up a little bit.

If you can't tell, they're booty shorts and bras :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment