September 23, 2013

White Cheese Sauce

I bought some chicken ravioli that just looked delicious at Costco, the only problem was I needed something to go on it. For some reason, eating plain pasta is just weird to me. My husband really likes white pasta sauce so I looked up a how to make a basic white sauce and went from there. This is what we came up with!

2 Tbsp butter
2 Tbsp all-purpose flour
1 cup milk
1/4 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
1/4 cup parmesan cheese, shredded
1/4 tsp white pepper

  • In a medium sauce pan melt the butter over medium heat and combine with flour.
  • Add the milk, whisking, until the desired consistency is reached. Add a little more to make it slightly runny.
  • Add the pepper, then remove from heat.
  • Add the cheeses, continuing to whisk until completely melted.
  • Serve over desired pasta and enjoy!

0 comments:

Post a Comment