December 08, 2013

Lemon Loaf

My husband and I went out of town for a weekend not too long ago and the hotel we stayed at had this fantastic lemon flavored bread at their breakfast. I decided it was so delicious that I had to try to make some when I got home!

I found a recipe for a basic loaf, then put the poured icing on top of it that I use for my sugar cookies, with some lemon flavoring (best part)! It was not quite the same, but just as delicious!!!

Loaf
1 & 1/2 cups flour
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
3 eggs
1 cup sugar
2 Tbsp butter, softened
1 tsp vanilla
1 tsp lemon extract
1/3 cup lemon juice
1/2 cup oil
Icing
1 cup powdered sugar
2 tsp milk
2 tsp light corn syrup
1/4 tsp lemon extract
  • Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
  • Grease a 9 x 5 loaf pan and set aside.
  • Mix flour, soda, powder, and salt in a large bowl.
  • In a medium bowl, mix the eggs, sugar, butter, vanilla, lemon extract, and lemon juice.
  • Pour wet ingredients into the dry and blend until smooth.
  • Add oil and mix well.
  • Pour into the loaf pan and bake for approximately 45 minutes, until a toothpick comes out of the center clean.
  • Make the icing by combining all ingredients together until smooth.
  • Pour over the loaf when cooled.
  • Let the icing set up, then enjoy!


0 comments:

Post a Comment