December 11, 2013

Soda Ham

For Thanksgiving and Christmas I always try to cook my long cooking dishes in something other than the oven. I like having my oven space free, plus ham from a crock pot is absolutely tender and delicious!

You can use any brown soda you like with this ham, but I really like to use Coke, Dr. Pepper, or Mr. Pibb. I know it sounds really weird, but it's similar to honey glazing it and tastes wonderful.

Cured Ham
2 cans soda
2 tsp honey mustard
1 cup brown sugar

  • Place the ham in the slow cooker and pour one can of soda around it.
  • Pour the other can of soda in a medium sauce pan over medium heat.
  • Add the mustard and brown sugar and bring to a simmer.
  • Let boil down for a few minutes then pour over the ham in the crock pot.
  • Cover and set to low and let cook all day. Enjoy!

0 comments:

Post a Comment