December 12, 2010

Pumpkin Pie

I got this recipe from my Food Network magazine (I couldn't bear the thought of making the recipe off of the pumpkin can!). It only makes enough for one pie. I tried a fancy dough edge on my pecan pie, but it just detached during the cooking, so I went for the faster heart edging this time.

1 9-inch uncooked pie crust
3/4 cup packed dark brown sugar
3 large eggs
1 cup half-and-half
1 tsp ground ginger
1 tsp ground cinnamon
1/4 tsp allspice
1/8 tsp ground cloves
  • Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
  • Whisk the pumpkin, brown sugar, eggs, half-and-half, ginger, cinnamon, allspice, and cloves in a bowl.
  • Pour into the crust, bake until the edges are est but the center quivers, about 1 hour - 1 hour and 15 minutes. Cover the edges of the crust until the last 10-15 minutes to prevent over browning.
  • Cool completely on a rack and serve with whipped cream.

0 comments:

Post a Comment