December 09, 2010

Oatmeal Raisin Cookies

In my grandpa's old age, he's gotten really hard to buy for for holidays and birthdays. This year he said all he wants is sweets! Since I like to cook and bake, that works for me! I made him cookies :D

This recipe came in my most recent Food Network Magazine and I've been looking for a good oatmeal raisin recipe. I think they ended up over cooked a little, but they were still the best homemade recipe I've found!

1 & 1/4 cups rolled oats
3/4 cups all purpose flour
1 tsp ground cinnamon
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1 stick unsalted butter, softened
3/4 cup sugar
2 Tbsp molasses
1 large egg
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 cup raisins
  • Combine oats, flour, cinnamon, baking powder, and salt in a large bowl.
  • Beat the butter, sugar, and molasses in a large bowl with a mixer on medium-high speed until fluffy (about five minutes). Beat in the egg and vanilla until smooth (about two more minutes).
  • Reduce the mixer speed to low, add the flour mixture and beat until combined. Stir in the raisins by hand. For the best flavor and texture, cover the dough and chill at least four hours (or overnight).
  • Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Form dough in to balls, about 2 tablespoons each.
  • Bake until the cookies are golden, 15-17 minutes. Let cool five minutes on baking sheets, transfer to cooling racks and cool completely.

0 comments:

Post a Comment