February 03, 2011

Baked Greek Chicken

A Rachel Ray magazine magically appeared in my mail box, I had no idea where it came from. Turns out my dad ordered it for me :) This recipe came from that magazine!

I could not find fresh nutmeg. I don't know if it just isn't in season right now, if I was looking in the wrong place, or something else. If someone knows what part of the grocery store to look, please let me know!

2 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
1/2 medium onion, finely chopped
3 large cloves garlic, finely chopped
10 oz spinach, chopped
Salt and pepper
Freshly grated nutmeg (to taste)
3 Tbsp butter
1 cup panko breadcrumbs
1 tsp dried oregano
4 pieces skinless boneless chicken breast (or thighs!)
  • Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
  • Heat 1 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil in a small skillet over medium heat. Add the onion and two third of the garlic. Cook until softened (3-4 minutes).
  • Transfer to a bowl to cool, add spinach, feta, and season with salt, pepper, and nutmeg.
  • Melt butter in same pan, turn off heat, and add panko, oregano, and remaining garlic. Toss together.
  • Drizzle a baking dish with remaining olive oil.
  • Split each chicken breast across, but not all the way through and open like a book. Stuff with spinach mixture (let the stuffing overflow) and place in baking dish.
  • Top the chicken with breadcrumbs and bake for about 20 minutes.

0 comments:

Post a Comment