February 23, 2011

Pan-Fried Garlic Steak and Potatoes

After getting all the stuff out and reading this recipe, I wasn't going to post it. It's one of those that's really simple, that you wouldn't think you'd need a recipe for (and you really don't). After eating it, it was so good, I changed my mind. As simple as it was, it was just too good not to share!

I did make a few changes to the recipe. Instead of cooking the potatoes in the microwave, I boiled them on the stove top for about 10 minutes. I then threw them in the skillet (as the recipe says) but sprinkled them with dried rosemary to add a little more flavor! I put some of the garlic in with the steak as I was cooking it in the pan as well. We also don't like cooked tomatoes, so we left them out of our meal.

12 cloves garlic
1 lb potatoes (we used red)
4 - 6 oz steaks (we used New York strip)
2 Tbsp olive oil
1 cup grape or cherry tomatoes
Fresh oregano
  • Halve or quarter any large potatoes and place in microwave safe bowl. Cover with vented plastic wrap and microwave on high for five minutes. Stir in pressed garlic, cover, and cook for five more minutes (or until tender). Drain.
  • Meanwhile, heat 1 Tbsp olive oil in skillet over medium high heat. Season steak with salt and pepper. Cook steaks to desired doneness, turning once.
  • Add remaining 1 Tbsp olive oil to skillet. Add potatoes, garlic, and tomatoes. Season with salt and pepper. Cook five minutes or until potatoes are golen and tomatoes begin to wilt. Stir occasionally.

0 comments:

Post a Comment