February 06, 2011

Chocolate Peanut Butter Cupcakes

My mom gave me a Pillsbury Annual Recipes book. She gets them in the mail all the time and I guess she decided she didn't need this one. The name of the dessert chapter was "Decadent Desserts," so of course I had to check it out :)

My husband LOVES chocolate and peanut butter together, so I knew I'd have to try this recipe the second I saw it!

The recipe says to put 1 Tbsp of the batter and filling in each cup for the layers. Do not put more than that on each layer or you'll run out before you're done. I used my cookie scoop for the peanut butter, which was barely larger than 1 Tbsp and I ended short the top layer on 6 cupcakes!

1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1/3 cup baking cocoa
1 cup packed brown sugar
1 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
1/3 cup vegetable oil
1 cup water
1 Tbsp white vinegar
1/2 tsp vanilla
1 egg
1 - 8 oz package cream cheese, softened
3/4 cup peanut butter
1/3 cup granulated sugar
1/3 cup powdered sugar
1/4 peanut butter chips
1/4 cup semi-sweet chocolate baking chips
  • Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line 18 regular size muffin tins with paper cupcake liners.
  • In large bowl, mix flour, cocoa, brown sugar, baking soda, and salt. Add oil, water, vinegar, and vanilla. Stir until just smooth (do not over mix).
  • In another large bowl, beat egg, cream cheese, peanut butter, and granulated sugar until smooth. Add powdered sugar, beat until creamy.
  • Spoon 1 Tbsp chocolate batter into each cup, evenly spread 1 Tbsp peanut butter filling on top. Repeat with second layer. Sprinkle each with peanut butter chips and chocolate chips.
  • Bake for 25-30 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Do not over bake. Cool in pan for 15 minutes, cool on rack for another 15 minutes.




0 comments:

Post a Comment