June 23, 2011

Fruit Salad

Before I get to the recipe, I'd like to point out that I added labels to all of my posts! In the right hand column, there is now a list of categories to help you readers sort out the types of dishes I have in this blog. I hope you all find it to be a handy feature :) If any of you have any suggestions for more labels, or other changes that you feel might make the blog more user friendly, I'd LOVE to hear them! Also, if you'd like to see more of a certain type of recipe on here, let me know.

Now for the recipe! My mom got this recipe from my step-dad's sister (whew, mouthful). My mom has been making it for family get-togethers, but was too busy at the last one and asked me to make it for her. It's always a hit, the kids LOVE it, and hopefully you will too.

1 sm package vanilla pudding (NOT instant)
1 sm package orange Jell-O
1 - 8 oz container Cool Whip
1 - 11 oz can mandarin oranges
1 - 20 oz can pineapple chunks
2-3 medium bananas
  • Cook pudding according to package, replacing the milk with water.
  • Pour in to large bowl and stir in package of dry Jell-O. Refrigerate over night.
  • Add Cool Whip to mixture and whip together until blended.
  • Add drained oranges, pineapple chunks, and sliced bananas. If it will be a while before serving, you may want to hold off on the bananas so they don't brown.
Unfortunately, this picture doesn't really do the salad justice... it's much more orange in person!

0 comments:

Post a Comment