June 24, 2011

Snickerdoodles

As I was going through recipes and putting labels on them yesterday, I couldn't believe I hadn't put up a recipe of these wonderful cookies yet! I decided to make them this afternoon and share with you guys :)

The recipe is originally from an old copy of the red plaid Better Homes and Gardens cookbook. The book had been used so many times, the pages are literally scattered throughout the rest of my mom's recipes. These are honestly THE BEST snickerdoodles you'll ever eat!

Side note, I don't know if it's my oven or cookie sheets, but I actually had to cook these for about 12 minutes rather than the 8 the recipe calls for.

3 & 3/4 cups flour
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp cream of tartar
1/2 tsp salt
1 cup butter or margarine (softened)
2 cups sugar
2 eggs
1/4 cup milk
1 tsp vanilla
3 Tbsp sugar
1 tsp ground cinnamon

  • Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
  • In a medium mixing bowl, stir together flour, soda, cream of tartar, and salt.
  • In large mixing bowl, beat butter for about 30 seconds. Add the sugar and beat until fluffy.
  • Add eggs, milk, and vanilla, beat well.
  • Add dry ingredients to wet and beat well until combined.
  • Mix together the 3 Tbsp sugar and 1 tsp ground cinnamon, roll dough in to 1 inch balls, roll in mixture, and place on cookie sheet.
  • Bake for about 8 minutes or until light golden.

0 comments:

Post a Comment