August 09, 2011

Shrimp Scampi

Here is another recipe from our seafood night :) Here are links to the rest of the recipes:
Garlic Salmon
Red Lobster Biscuits

This was the first time I'd ever made a dish with shrimp. I bought the shrimp precooked so I didn't have to shell or de-vein it. This was a pretty fast and easy recipe, took maybe 10-15 minutes to prepare and cook the whole thing.

The recipe calls for clarified butter, but I'm not very good at clarifying, plus I wanted to save time, so I just used regular butter. It didn't look or taste funny, so it can't be that big of a deal :)

1 & 1/2 lbs shrimp
1/3 cup clarified butter
4 Tbsp minced garlic
6 green onions, thinly sliced
1/4 dry white wine
2 Tbsp fresh lemon juice
2 Tbsp chopped fresh parsley
Salt and pepper, to taste
  • Rinse shrimp and set aside.
  • Melt butter in large skillet over medium heat. Add garlic and cook until softened (NOT browned).
  • Add shrimp, green onions, wine, and lemon juice. Cook until shrimp is pink and firm.
  • Add chopped parsley, salt, and pepper.
  • Serve with lemon slices.

0 comments:

Post a Comment