August 12, 2011

Tacos

I know tacos are probably something every family makes and already has a "recipe" for, but I'm sure every one's is different, so I thought I'd share how we do Taco night at our house!

This recipe is for what we do on a basic night. Because we have tacos so often, I quit buying packets of taco seasoning and found a bulk container at Costco. We like both Taco Bell and McCormick's, but I've only seen the McCormick's in bulk.

I know the spinach probably sounds weird to everyone, but we started using it because lettuce really doesn't have anything in it. The spinach is so much better for you and tastes just as good (I think better) in the tacos.

Last, we like to serve these buffet style. Each person prepares their own tacos from the toppings available, that way everyone can use what they like. It's great for a party or a big get together, everyone can find something they like!

1 lb ground beef
1 packet taco seasoning
8 flour burrito shells
1 bag Mexican blend shredded cheese
1 tomato, diced
2 cups spinach, chopped
1/2 can olives, chopped
Sour cream
  • Prepare tomato, spinach, and olives and place in small bowls.
  • Brown ground beef and drain off excess fat.
  • Mix in taco seasoning according to directions on packet or container.
  • Put seasoned beef on shell, top with cheese, and microwave approximately 10 seconds (or until cheese begins to melt).
  • Top with spinach, olives, tomatoes, and sour cream.
  • Fold closed and enjoy!
When I was little, I used to put all the toppings on the shell, eat it like a taco salad, then eat the shell by itself. Every once in a while I like to use salsa in the tacos as well. What other toppings do you use on your taco night?

0 comments:

Post a Comment