October 17, 2011

Oatmeal Raisin Cookies

I've been looking for the perfect oatmeal raisin recipe for a while. I posted one on here before that was good, but not perfect, and I'm just not one of those people that can taste a recipe and know what needs to be change. A couple of years ago a friend of ours gave me a cookie cook book so I decided to try the recipe in there. I think we've found a new favorite! Even my step-dad, who does not like raisins, took some home with him :)

3/4 cup butter, softened
1 cup packed brown sugar
1/2 cup sugar
1 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
1/4 tsp ground cloves
2 eggs
1 tsp vanilla
1 & 1/2 cups flour
2 cups rolled oats
  • Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
  • Beat butter on medium high for 30 seconds. Add brown sugar, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, salt and (if desired) cinnamon and cloves. Beat until combined.
  • Beat in eggs and vanilla until combined, beat in flour, and stir in oats.
  • Drop dough on to ungreased cookie sheet and bake for 8-10 minutes. Transfer to a wire rack to cool.

0 comments:

Post a Comment