March 18, 2011

Crock Pot Lasagna

This came from another cookbook that my mom gave me. While picking out meals, I gave the book to Michael and said to pick some meals out. This was his choice this week!

Other than the fact that this meals has to cook for up to four and a half hours, it didn't take any longer to prepare than any other dinner I make. I just have to remember that it needs to be prepared at two and not five!

I didn't really pay attention to the measurements of the cheese or lasagna noodles while making this, I just spread enough to cover each layer. You may need more or less than listed depending on the diameter of your slow cooker. Also, I set my cooker to the six hour setting but it was starting to burn by the end of the cooking. I'd suggest setting your cooker to the lowest setting and cooking it on the longer side.

Edit: I made this recipe again yesterday and didn't think the ground beef/sauce mixture smelled good enough. I decided to add oregano, rosemary, and garlic powder (about 1/2-1 Tbsp of each). It was absolutely PERFECT!

1 lb ground beef
1 jar (26-28oz) tomato pasta sauce
1 can (8oz) tomato sauce
1/2 package no-boil lasagna noodles
1 jar Alfredo pasta sauce
3 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
  • In large skillet, brown beef.
  • Spray slow cooker with cooking spray and spread 3/4 cup tomato pasta sauce in bottom of cooker. Stir remaining tomato pasta sauce and tomato sauce in to beef.
  • Layer lasagna noodles over sauce in cooker, breaking noodles as necessary. Top with 1/3 of Alfredo pasta sauce (spread evenly) followed by 1 cup of mozzarella cheese. Top that with 1/3 of beef mixture (also spread evenly).
  • Repeat layering two more times and sprinkle Parmesan cheese over top.
  • Cover and cook on low for three and a half to four and a half hours.



0 comments:

Post a Comment