November 26, 2012

Stewed Chicken with Andoiulle

I got this recipe out of one of my newer Food Network magazines, and it is dish is nice because you make it all in one pan. Easy clean up!

I bought the ingredients for this recipe about a week and a half (maybe more) before I actually got around to making it, so unfortunately the okra was bad by then. I couldn't find it frozen, so I had bought it fresh. Just pretend in my picture there's okra, haha!

The only thing I intentionally changed was the lime to a lemon. We've found that we just don't like lime juice at all, and lemon tastes great with chicken. So do whatever your family prefers, I'm sure they'd both work great!

6 boneless, skinless chicken thighs
Kosher salt
1 Tbsp vegetable oil
1 link andouille sausage, chopped
1 Tbsp all-purpose flour
1 & 3/4 cups low-sodium chicken broth
3 medium red potatoes, cut into 1/2 inch pieces
1 - 10 oz package frozen whole baby okra, thawed
Juice of 1 lime
1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
  • Cut each chicken thigh into quarters, pat dry, and season with salt.
  • Heat vegetable oil in large skillet over medium-high heat.
  • Add sausage and cook, stirring, for one minute.
  • Add the chicken in a single layer and cook until browned, about four minutes.
  • Continue to cook, stirring occasionally until chicken is golden all over, about five more minutes.
  • Sprinkle flour over chicken and cook, stirring, for one minute.
  • Stir in the broth and potatoes, and bring to a boil.
  • Reduce heat and simmer, covered, until potatoes are just tender, about ten minutes.
  • Stir in okra and cook, covered, until potatoes and chicken are cooked through, about five to ten more minutes.
  • Remove from heat and stir in lime juice and cilantro.

IMG_9634

0 comments:

Post a Comment