October 14, 2010

Chicken Picatta

Last night we had a dinner party for a friend from out of town and this was the dish I made. It's definitely a new favorite and we'll be eating it quite often! I'm actually eating leftovers of it as I type, hehe.

I got it out of my "teaser" Cuisine at Home. They sent me a free preview to try to get me to order it... it worked! I decided to not renew my Bon Apetit magazine (not that there wasn't good food in it!). There just weren't enough pictures, so I often found myself picking dishes out of my other magazines. This new magazine has a picture of EVERY dish, yep! Those are my favorite kind of magazines :)

2 boneless skinless chicken breasts (or 4 thighs if you like!!)
Salt
Black pepper
Flour
2 Tbsp vegetable oil
1/4 dry white wine
1 tsp minced garlic
1/2 cup chicken broth
2 Tbsp fresh lemon juice
1 Tbsp capers, drained
2 Tbsp unsalted butter
Fresh lemon slices
Chopped fresh parsley
  • Cut the chicken in half and pound in to cutlets. Season with salt and pepper, then dredge in flour.
  • Coat a saute pan with nonstick spray, add oil, heat over medium-high. Saute cutlets 2-3 minutes on one side, flip over and saute other side, covered, 1-2 minutes. Transfer to warmed platter.
  • Pour off fat from pan, deglaze with wine and add minced garlic. Cook until garlic is slightly brown and liquid is almost gone (about 2 minutes). Add broth, lemon juice, and capers. Return cutlets to pan and cook on each side for about 1 minute. Transfer back to warm platter.
  • Finish sauce with butter and lemon slices. After butter melts, pour sauce over cutlets and garnish with parsley.

0 comments:

Post a Comment