October 29, 2010

Sesame-Teriyaki Salmon

This was one of the first fish recipes I made for my husband. I got it out of my Better Homes and Gardens cook book and originally called for sea bass. Instead, I made a couple servings of a white fish (for him) as well as a couple servings of salmon (for me). Michael is not a big fan of fish, so I was pretty proud when he decided he liked it!

4 4-oz fresh or frozen fish fillets (1/2-3/4 inch thick)
1/4 tsp black pepper
3 Tbsp soy sauce
1/4 cup sweet rice win (mirin)
2 tsp honey
2 tsp cooking oil
2 tsp sesame seeds and/or black sesame seeds, toasted
  • If frozen, thaw fish. Rinse and pat dry with paper towels. Sprinkle with pepper and set aside.
  • For glaze, in small saucepan, combine soy sauce, rice wine, and honey. Bring to a boil, reduce heat, and simmer uncovered for about ten minutes. Should be slightly thickened and reduced to about 1/3 cup.
  • Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook fish in hot oil over medium heat until fish is golden and begins to flake. About 4-6 minutes per 1/2 of thickness. Drain on paper towels and transfer to platter.
  • Drizzle fish with glaze, sprinkle with sesame seeds and serve!
Because meat never seems to cook as fast for me as it says it should in the recipe, I have started covering my skillets while the meat is cooking in hot oil. It helps keep the heat AND the oil in the pan!



0 comments:

Post a Comment