October 29, 2010

Zucchini Bread

My cousin brought some zucchinis over for our house warming party... I looked at them later and mentioned that I don't like cucumbers! LOL, shows exactly how much I eat my vegetables ;) Because we don't make any meals with those types of vegetables, I decided to try out some bread. My husband had said before how much he liked it, so I gave it a whirl.

3 cups all purpose flour
1tsp salt
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp baking powder
3 tsp ground cinnamon
3 eggs
1 cup vegetable oil
2-1/4 cups white sugar
3 tsp vanilla extract
2 cups grated zucchini
1 cup chopped walnuts
  • Grease and flour two 8 x 4 inch pans. Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
  • In a medium bowl, sift flour, salt, baking powder, baking soda, and cinnamon together.
  • In a large bowl, beat eggs, oil, vanilla, and sugar together.
  • Add sifted ingredients to creamed mixture and beat well. Stir in zucchini and nuts until well combined.
  • Pour batter in to prepared pans and bake for 40-60 minutes or until tester insreted in to the center comes out clean. Cool in pan on rack for 20 minutes, remove from pan and completely cool.



0 comments:

Post a Comment